Position Number: EE_Job_Posting_2021
Location: Bellevue WA
Position Type: Full Time
Spectrum Controls, Inc, located in Bellevue, WA, is a leading manufacturer of electronic instrumentation and communication devices for the industrial control market, meeting robust reliability requirements.
The successful candidate will be well-organized, self-motivated, works well in a team environment, and has good time management skills. Candidates should have at least ten years hardware design experience with embedded high-accuracy analog instrumentation and digital systems. Product development follows Spectrum’s ISO 9001:2015 based Quality processes, developed to meet or exceed customer expectations for product quality and functionality.
Job responsibilities include feasibility analysis, refining detailed product specifications, hardware design and documentation, circuit analysis, schematic capture, specify PCB layout requirements, hardware unit testing, functional test support, and support of test and manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
- Develop electronic hardware for use in industrial environments.
- Work effectively as a member of a cross functional team to meet cost, schedule and performance goals through all phases of the Product Development Process.
- Develop creative solutions to complex design problems using technical skills, experience, and consultation with other engineers.
- Create engineering documentation and provide technical approval as part of a product development team.
- Collaborate with other electrical and software design engineers on technical issues and design reviews.
- Investigate new technologies as they might apply to the needs of the industrial control market.
- Interact with supply chain personnel and manufacturing engineers.
- Occasional participation in customer interactions, typically lead by Product Management personnel, to explore new product opportunities, refine requirements, or address issues with existing products.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience in the following areas is required:
- Precision analog circuit design including signal conditioning, multiplexers, 20+ bit ADCs, 16+ bit DACs, low-noise isolated and non-isolated low power DC/DC converters.
- Digital circuit design including embedded microcontrollers, memories, interface ICs, discrete logic and/or FPGA/CPLD.
- BSEE or equivalent.
- 10+ years of electronic hardware design experience.
- Experience in all phases of hardware development from product concept and feasibility through release to manufacturing and sustaining phases.
- Experience with prototyping, design qualification testing, low-level circuit testing, troubleshooting and debugging.
- Circuit design experience meeting CE and Marine EMI/EMC requirements.
- Experience with Altium Designer or similar CAD tool.
Experience in the following areas is desired:
- Analog and digital circuit simulation.
- Communication interfaces and protocols such as Ethernet, SPI, RS-232, RS-485, CAN, MODBUS.
- Experience with industrial instrumentation – I/O modules, thermocouples, RTDs, counters and flow meters.
- Knowledge of UL and CE design requirements for industrial products.
- FPGA design using VHDL and/or Verilog.
- Experience with IEC 61508 functional safety development projects.
- Knowledge of “C” programming in embedded systems would be helpful.
- Knowledge of Industrial control equipment – Programmable Logic Controllers, ladder logic.
Spectrum Controls, Inc. offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefit package and a great work environment. This is a full-time, salaried position. Spectrum is a drug-free business – pre-employment testing will be required.
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com.